whoisjobe

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"The Beatles were so fcuking high they let Ringo sing a few songs," aka Too 4 2uesday.

Bill Hicks passed away on Saturday the 26th of February 1994. He was a comic genius who chased his passion and developed the skills to bring that passion into fruition. I dedicate today's quotes to his legacy: cigarettes, booze, sex, drugs, politics, religion, rock & roll, and laughing his ass off all the while.

Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children.
Bill Hicks

I was in Nashville, Tennesee last year. After the show I went to a Waffle House. I'm not proud of it, I was hungry. And I'm alone, I'm eating and I'm reading a book, right? Waitress walks over to me: " Hey, whatchoo readin' for?"

Isn't that the weirdest fucking question you've ever heard? Not what am I reading, but what am I reading *for*? Well, godammit, ya stumped me! Why do I read? Well... hmmm... I dunno... I guess I read for a lot of reasons, and the main one is so I don't end up being a fucking waffle waitress.
Bill Hicks


And a site to visit (as recommended by my pops):

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com: the top 200 songs from the 60's.

can u dig it peeps? I'd write more but alas I've to devote my limited time on this earth to designing retention ponds….happy happy, joy joy.
Jobe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home