whoisjobe

Monday, May 29, 2006

an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

Today is a bittersweet day off of work. Fallen soldiers are being honored by American citizens across the globe while a shadowy war rages on. As I type from the comfort of a secure, air conditioned household, my brethren are sacrificing their lives in the name of a cause to which we do not know the name: Oil, Democracy, Billions in Contracts for Fellow Cronies? I do not know the answer to the question of our occupation of a far off fertile crescent, the womb from which civilization was born. Nor do I understand why radicals continue to preach hatred and retribution in the name of God. It confounds me to no end that rivers of blood and tears have not enlightened lost souls as to the fatal flaws of their futile theocracy. In times such as these, I look to the words of great men who've treaded harsh soils long before my existence. God Bless the troops on this most confusing of days.

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always."

-- Mahatma Gandhi





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home