whoisjobe

Thursday, November 02, 2006

somebody save me.

Since I have now accepted the challenge of NaNoWriMo, I won't be publishing any new material for awhile. I do plan to keep everyone inspired (hopefully) by posting that which inspires me to devote myself to harnessing thoughts from the great ether of a scattered mind....

so today's post comes from two masters of their own respective crafts.

I saw the truth as it is set into song by so many poets, proclaimed as the final wisdom of so many thinkers. The truth that love is the ultimate and the highest goal to which man can aspire….The salvation of man is through love and in love.
Victor Frankl from Man's Search for Meaning

She reminded him that the weak would never inherit the kingdom of love, which is a harsh and ungenerous kingdom, and that women give themselves only to men of resolute spirit who provide the security they need in order to face life.
Gabriel Garcia Marquez from Love in the Time of Cholera.


(on a side note, I might have to acquiesce and take an engineering job to pay the bills while I continue to write....we'll see.)

namaste
jobe

1 Comments:

  • I just happend upon your blog one night, and loved all the inspirational material. I'm excited to know what you're writing about, although I have an idea thanks to your blog. Good luck with the NaNoWriMo challenge. Will you be posting your novel or making it otherwise available to the rest of the world?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home