whoisjobe

Friday, May 13, 2005

i'm a voodo child

I am a voracious reader. I am a visual person. I’m extremely opinionated. I am 25. I have plenty to learn. Although I’ve been lost in and perused many a museum, I can’t say that I’ve truly understand what it means to interpret another’s work. I have my own interpretations of whether or not I’m drawn to the piece. I know how to form a legible sentence. At times I can even put together a paragraph. But to claim that I have any ability to critique the “hard work” of another would be blasphemy. Art is my refuge, my path out of monotony, my journey into the mind of another. Visual interpretation is a task I’m faced with on a daily basis. “Do these jeans accentuate my figure,” “does this vase clash with yellow flowers,” “does the lighting really do this room any justice.” I’m plagued with questions about everything, anything, and nothing. Supposedly writing is an art in which I have an innate ability to express emotions, thoughts are an entirely different story altogether. I’m a literal mess. Maybe a workshop might help me learn a thing or two?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home