whoisjobe

Thursday, June 30, 2005

advice on writing...the only way I know how....

A note to a friend trying to overcome writer's block when in fact his mind is trying to jam a thousand squares into a triangular box.......


....it's like
trying to assemble a car and starting with the seatbelts.....a car
needs a chassis....wheels on which to turn...an engine to drive
it....a steering wheel, brakes, gas, seats, seatbelts...and finally a reader.

....think about it when you're trying to put all the ideas down on paper..

Sometimes I write where I skip to avoid writers block

And I hated every second of existence, every morning that I would awake, faced with a shower and a daily traffic pattern to work

I was searching for a ways out of the....

And she closed her eyes and felt as if the wish were coming true...that the prince in his shining armor was finally here to rescue her from the confusion of a fuct up adolescence...she breathed softly, inhaling his scent and registering it in her mind as the man she loved....

No...please...no...not again........I beg of you, I believe in you and your infinite mercy........his fists clenched in rage, his knees scraped and beginning to be covered in blood...a result of the haste with which he dropped in penitence...seeking to be forgiven from the one hope he'd always forsaken.....

And so ond and so forth...then I can expound upon the various ideas later when I have more time and attention to devote to them

And I've been at work for an hour
And I've accomplished nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home